Women’s Discipleship Summer Study
June 7th - June 28th, 2018
Exactly what is gossip? Why do we gossip? Typically, what heart motivations rule a gossiper’s heart? Gossip is everywhere and it is something that we all experience—therefore, it can often become a big problem for followers of Christ.
In our 4-part summer study, we will seek to gain a biblical understanding of gossip by (1) learning how to recognize patterns of gossip in our lives; (2) learning how the gospel empowers us to resist gossip; (3) learning the proper way to respond to gossip in faith and love; and (4) learning what to do after we give in to gossip.
There is hope. God has not left us on our own to deal with the allure, pain and wickedness of gossip. God’s “divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness” – the gospel of Jesus Christ defeats gossip!
• We are asking each woman to purchase the book, “Resisting Gossip” by Matthew C. Mitchell prior to the study. It is available at Amazon for $13.99 and at Christianbooks.com for $11.49. This will be the only cost associated with the class.
• The course will be offered on 4 consecutive Thursday evenings: June 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th. We will meet from 6:30-9:00 PM. Light snacks will be provided.
• Open to all women----please prayerfully consider who you can invite and all students will be warmly welcomed. Unfortunately, no childcare will be available.
• We will meet at TBC in the Lighthouse Flock Room.
• If you have questions or need help acquiring the book, please contact Linda Cosgrove or Cindy Sloan.
• Reading assignment prior to the June 7th meeting date: Please read Introduction and Chapters 1-3. Answer the “Questions for Group Discussion” at the end of each chapter.
2018 TBC MEN'S RETREAT
October 26th - October 27th, 2018
The TBC Men's Ministry Team is working on the details for another great men's retreat. We are going to focus on the topic of discipleship and friendships. Check back for details.
New Life Ranch provides a great setting for both the active and those looking to just relax.
Mark your calendars and make plans to refresh and reset with other TBC men.